[Mailman-Users] what gives?

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Feb 17 08:44:15 CET 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> sea23 at seasalt.org wrote:
> >
> >I AM running firefox.
> >
> >Reread my post, please. Are you saying that someone (or program)
> >hijacked my web browser and patiently waits for me to subscribe to this
> >mailing list or any other mailman mailing list in order to then send me
> >a confirm mailman email for their list?! Like I said, I have subscribed
> >to this list twice, two weeks apart. Each time I did, I received a
> >mailman confirm email for THEIR list within 24 hours after I first
> >posted to the list.
>

> Are you saying that your subscription to this list went as expected
> including the confirmation e-mail and then only after you posted you
> got a confirmation request from the other list?

I just want to state that I also got a subscription confirmation request
from that porn list. I /think/ it might have been after my
(re-)subscription to this list, but I can't check this since I deleted
the subscription request from this and the other list.

I am using firefox on unix.

Cheers,
	Gerhard