[Mailman-Users] Accepting postings from multiple domains

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Thu Feb 17 04:53:28 CET 2005

On 2/16/2005 8:23, "Brad Knowles" <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:

> At 10:58 AM -0500 2005-02-16, Michael Steeves wrote:
>
>>  At our site, we basically have several domains that all resolve to the
>>  same mailbox/location (ee.tufts.edu, ece.tufts.edu, cs.tufts.edu and
>>  eecs.tufts.edu).  Is there a way in mailman that you can set it up so
>>  that an e-mail from foo at cs.tufts.edu is treated the same as
>>  foo at eecs.tufts.edu, for posting purposes?
>
> Nope.

Depending on how much control Michael has over the MTA which feeds mail to
Python and how much else that MTA does, address rewriting rules in the MTA
might be made to serve that purpose.  In Exim, one might attack the problem
with transport-time rewrites, where the transport is specific to sending
mail to Mailman.

  --John