[Mailman-Users] what gives?

sea23 at seasalt.org sea23 at seasalt.org
Thu Feb 17 01:58:25 CET 2005

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>sea23 at seasalt.org wrote:
>

>>This is the second time now that I've subscribed to the mailman list
>>and, shortly thereafter, have received a "confirm" subscription mailman
>>email for the fotospornogratis at factoria-digital.com mailing list.
>>

>I just submitted a subscribe request for another of my addresses on the
>web page at http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman-users.
>This request took me to the results page at
>http://mail.python.org/mailman/subscribe/mailman-users and I then
>received a normal confirmation e-mail from
>mailman-users-request at python.org.
>
>In other words, everything worked as expected.
>
>Maybe your browser has been hijacked.

Well, someone might want to look into this. The first time I subscribed
under a different email address about 2 weeks ago when I first installed
mailman. 10 minutes after I subscribed to this list, I received a
"confirm" mailman email in spanish for the factoria list. I thought
"that's odd", but I thought it was some sample confirm email from the
installation and so I forgot about it.

Then yesterday (two weeks after I first subscribed under a different
email address), I subscribed again to this list and today I get another
confirm mailman email in spanish for this factoria list.

There is no way this can be due to a hijacked browser. They are somehow
able to identify who has subscribed to this list and then send that
email a confirm email for their list.

I did find this:
http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/listwork/2004-December/1217-q1.html

-S