[Mailman-Users] Please help...

JC Dill lists05 at equinephotoart.com
Wed Feb 16 17:48:06 CET 2005

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>Brian G. Altman wrote:
>

>>I am trying to prevent people from replying directly to a Digest that is
>>sent from the mailing list.

Why?  There are many different reasons why you might want this, and the
best solution for your situation will depend on the why.

>>The Reply-To field points to the posting address of the list, which I would
>>like to change.
>>

>There is no option or list setting to change this. The Reply-To: for
>digests is set to the list address in Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py. If
>you want to change it, you have to change the code.

You can also:

A)  Make your list a moderated-post list so that replies to the digest
don't get sent out to the rest of the list.
B)  Use Privacy Options -> Spam filters to reject replies that quote
your list's digest subject (e.g. "listname digest").
C)  You can set an explicit reply-to which applies to all sent messages
not just the digests, see the General Options section on the admin page:

> Where are replies to list messages directed? Poster is strongly
> recommended for most mailing lists.
> (Details for reply_goes_to_list)
>
> Poster     This list     Explicit address
> Explicit Reply-To: header.
> (Details for reply_to_address)

HTH

jc