[Mailman-Users] Re: list admin passwords failing

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Feb 15 07:25:26 CET 2005

Iain Pople wrote:

>thanks for that. I had a look at the URL and maybe it has something to
>do with my redirects. I have the following rule:

>Which essentially redirects pages from http://lists.domain.com ->
>
>Could this be causing the problem?

No, I don't think so. Many sites have a similar rule which is more
often something like

As you are aware, these only redirect requests from the tld in your
case or the tld/mailman to the site listinfo page.

Your issue, if it is caused by a redirect discarding POST data as
mentioned in FAQ 4.45 would have to be a redirect which would affect
URLs like http://lists.domain.com/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/<listname> or
http://lists.domain.com/cgi-bin/mailman/admindb/<listname> or whatever
you're using to access these pages.