[Mailman-Users] mailman, postfix and /etc/aliases

Jardar Eggesbø Abrahamsen jardar at nvg.ntnu.no
Sun Feb 13 12:50:10 CET 2005

I am running postfix and want to run mailman.

The README.POSTFIX says:

    By default, Postfix treats -owner and -request addresses
    specially.  Since we want Postfix to deliver such messages to
    Mailman, you should turn off this option by adding this to your
    main.cf file:

        owner_request_special = no

However, I also need a few aliases in /etc/aliases with a corresponding
owner-alias (to set the envelope sender to owner-alias at domain.tld when
delivering via the alias). But then I need "owner_request_special = yes"!

Is there any way to make mailman work as if "owner_request_special = no",
while the aliases in /etc/aliases are treated as if "owner_request_special
= yes"?

Jardar