[Mailman-Users] customising the HTML options a list managersees.......

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Feb 12 06:08:43 CET 2005

Jeffrey Borkent wrote:

>The Australian Govt has in its infinite wisdom enabled the ANTI-SPAM
>compliabce act, which is both a good and a bad thing. To be compliant we
>wish to make some options to list managers invisible but still be set yo
>a defalut.
>
>Is this an easy thing to do or will this require some hackng of the
>code? ( which we are not affraid to do )

It will require some hacking, but it should be straight forward. You
could do it unconditionally or based on some new mm_cfg variable or
based on a new list attribute that you wouldn't make available through
the web interface. Unconditionally would be the easiest and by list
the most involved.

If you look at the various modules in Mailman/Gui/ it should be fairly
obvious how to comment out the options you don't want to show.