[Mailman-Users] Problem with archives

drz at speakeasy.net drz at speakeasy.net
Fri Feb 11 20:57:07 CET 2005

I am using Mailman on Debian linux and have just upgraded to the latest mailman software.  I am having a problem with accessing the archives with the web interface and consistently get "You are not authorized to view this page" error.  The path is: http://www.enabling.org/pipermail//<listname>/
When I go to the aliases files, pipermail is set to: /pipermail/: /var/lib/mailman/archives/public
When I go to that dir it is all the entries are links to /var/lib/mailman/archives/private

Checking the perms: private is drwxrwxsr-x and public is drwxrwxr-x and the entries have read access, except for the database dir. This is the default setup with public archives set up. Do I need to change something? Any ideas why access is not allowed?

Bob