[Mailman-Users] Run a script when new lists are created

Meike Reichle mrei0999 at rz.uni-hildesheim.de
Fri Feb 11 13:44:12 CET 2005

Hi all

I am in the process of moving all out mailing lists to mailman. So far,
everything went rather smoothly, but there's on last problem I am trying
to solve: When I create a new mailing list, I have to add the new
addresses to our mailservers' whitelists. I wrote a script that does
that, but until now it is run by cron. I could start the script from the
newlist command, but I don't know whether this command is also used when
a new list is created using the webinterface (which is more likely).
So, my question is: What is the best way to have a script run, whenever
a new list is created?
I am using mailman2.1.5 with exim on a Solaris box.

Regards,
Meike