[Mailman-Users] error importing archive

Michael P. Soulier michael_soulier at mitel.com
Thu Feb 10 20:20:40 CET 2005

On 09/02/05 Mark Sapiro did say:

> The 313th article in the mbox file (starting with 0) has invalid base64
> encoding.

Well, I couldn't find anything wrong with the article in question. So, I
patched the code in Util.py to catch the exception and return the null string.
Seems to have permitted the archives to be imported ok, while those messages
affected would presumably be blank.

Simply crashing like this is bad behaviour, IMHO. If I didn't know python I'd
have no idea how to fix the problem, or even where the problem was.

Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <michael_soulier at mitel.com>, 613-592-2122 x2522
6000/6010/60* Development, Mitel Corporation