[Mailman-Users] security heads up - path traversal with 2.1.5

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Feb 9 21:34:24 CET 2005

At 12:08 PM -0800 2005-02-09, Ron Brogden wrote:

>  Hello Brad.  I was under the impression that the Mailman team already knew
>  about this issue which is why I didn't go through the above procedure.

	That's why I said "Generally speaking".  I wasn't aware that
Barry had suggested a fix, or that he was aware of the issue.

>  I definitely apologize if that is not the case and I meant no disrespect.

	Not a problem.  There were additional facts regarding the issue
of which I was not aware.

>  The reason I posted is that this issue now out in the wild so there is little
>  point being quiet about it.  Giving users a heads up allows them to protect
>  themselves while they wait for an official patch and announcement.

	Absolutely.  Not a problem.  It's something that could be
reasonably easily worked around by the admin, and people should be
notified.

	I apologize for the confusion, or if I made you feel like I was
jumping on you.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755