[Mailman-Users] Moderated approval via email

Pantejo, Barbara FTL BPantejo at citco.com
Wed Feb 9 18:07:48 CET 2005

As the list admin/moderator, I received an email to approve a posting to a
particular mailing list, but the instructions on approving via a reply email
is confusing:

"If you reply to this message and include an Approved: header with the list
password in it, the message will be approved for posting to the list.  The
reply."

What does "header" mean and where on a reply email does it exist? Does
"header" mean the Subject line?

Does this mean one of the following?:
1) Clear out the Subject line of the email and place "Approved:{list
password}"

2) Reply with the Subject line intact and place "Approved:{list password}"
as the first line of the reply message.

3) Something else...

I tried option 1 and 2 and it did not work. Should there be a space between
the colon and {list password}?

Thank you for any clarification,
Barbara