[Mailman-Users] I am getting closer :)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Feb 5 22:40:11 CET 2005

Mark Ballard wrote:

>OK, it is almost working,
>
>Two things left to fix.
>I would like to edit the outgoing email that explains how to post.

Are you talking about the mail that begins

Welcome to the ... mailing list!
   (list speciic welcome here)

If so, this message is generated from the subscribeack.txt template.
The FAQ at
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp
has information on how to edit this, but to be more specific, assuming
you only want to change the English language template for the list
named my-list, do the following.

Make a copy of templates/en/subscribeack.txt. Do not make any changes
to and do not delete templates/en/subscribeack.txt.

Edit the copy as desired

Store the edited copy in lists/my-list/en/subscribeack.txt, creating
the lists/my-list/en directory if necessary.

Both the lists/my-list/en directory and the
lists/my-list/en/subscribeack.txt file should belong to the mailman
group and have at least permissions 2750 and 640 respectively.

>And also,
>
>When I add a new user from the web I get two admin requests to approve.
>
>One to  mailman-owner at mydomain.org  < the main list>
>from test-owner at mydomain.org <the newly created mail list>
>
>if I accept this then I get another admin request to approve
>to: test-owner at mydomain.org
> From listjoiner at somedomain.org
>
>Why am I getting two for each person who subscribes.

I don't know. What are the list settings for owner and moderator and
subscribe_policy. How are you subscribing the user - from Membership
Management...->Mass Subscription or from the listinfo page?