[Mailman-Users] How do I resolve this?

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Sat Feb 5 07:56:37 CET 2005

On Feb 4, 2005, at 11:45 PM, Dr. Jones wrote:

> I get this message after having sent an email to the address below:
> The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:
>
>  pipe to |/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post 2ls
>    generated by 2ls at fyrenice.com
>    Delay reason: pipe_transport unset in system_aliases router
>
> What do I need to change to resolve this?

You seem to be using exim as an MTA.

Go to your exim.conf (or whatever the exim configuration file is called
on your system) and find the system_aliases router

add the following line

   pipe_transport = address_pipe

there is probably a line that starts   file_transport =  or something
like that
stick it after  that line.

Then restart your exim

Chad