[Mailman-Users] question

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Feb 4 10:20:53 CET 2005

At 6:03 PM -0500 2005-02-03, CKaliniak at aol.com wrote:

>  when a list is created for me to administer, is it possible to  create
>  sublists to further differentiate my large list into smaller ones that
>  will allow for me to send certain things to certain groups...or do I
>  need to have separate lists created?

	You can create topics, but that is a process that is not well
understood by many people, and does not function the way that some
expect.  If you truly want sub-lists as opposed to topics, then you
need to create those on your own, and you may want to consider
setting up an umbrella list.

	Before going any further on this matter, I would encourage you to
search the Mailman FAQ Wizard at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py>, check out the full index,
check out the archives of the mailing list at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/>, and search the
archives of the list via the instructions in FAQ 1.18.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755