[Mailman-Users] Re: Virus Just Got Through on TOTALLY MODERATED list.

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Fri Feb 4 08:51:36 CET 2005

Hi,

Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

> I saw a lot of people saying "this is why I strip attachments".

Mailman 2.1.6 has a nice feature for those who can't strip attachments;
the new spam filter 'header_filter_rules' checks attachments' headers
recursively. So, messages which have executable attatchments can be
held, rejected, or discarded by your configuration. Regex patten like:

	content-.*name.*\.(exe|com|cmd|bat|pif|vbs|scr|zip)

can match most of the current virus messages.
Mailman 2.1.6 beta 2 can be downloaded from
	http://mm.tkikuchi.net/mailman-2.1.6b2.tgz

Cheers,
http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/