[Mailman-Users] Attachment Question

Sythos sythos at sythos.net
Thu Feb 3 10:36:58 CET 2005

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 01:24:35PM -0500, Suzette Googins wrote:
> I am the administrator for the listserv at my organization. Myself, my
> colleagues as well as others on the list are having trouble with
> attachments. Is there a certain setting to allow attachments to a
> posting? Is there a size limit? Are there certain file types that aren't

in "general options" you can set the size limit in KB (bottom page)

> allowed to be posted? I made a posting last Friday with an attachment
> (WORD) and no one received it. I didn't find an error message either.
> Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

check filter content of mailman to avoid unwanted stripping rules
check if there is in your local MTA a content manager like amavis (it
has an option to block some kind of attachment by file extension)

Try to zip word file and increase size_limit in mailman, and test again

--

Sythos - http://www.sythos.net
  ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against html/rtf/vCard in mail