[Mailman-Users] change password reminder From: header?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Feb 2 01:23:17 CET 2005

Matt Ruzicka wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>> Yes. The password reminder is one message to a user with passwords for
>> all the users subscriptions at the site.
>>
>> If you want bounces to go to individual listowners, you'd have to send
>> one message per subscription instead of one message per user. I
>> suppose you could hack the code to do this if it was important enough
>> to you.
>
>Maybe I'm misunderstanding your response, but all I am looking for is the
>From: header being set to listname-owner for each list's members instead
>of sitelist-owner to all members on the site.  I prefer the one address to
>each user personally.
>
>Thinking about it now though I have to guess that the password reminders
>coming from the site owner would better allow for duplicate message
>avoidance.

I meant to say "all the user's subscriptions", not "all the users
subscriptions". I.e. if I'm subscribed to four lists at the site, I
get one reminder with all four passwords. Obviously, this can't come
from all four <list>-owner addresses so it comes from the site list.

This could be changed, but it may significantly increase the number of
notices to send one per subscription instead of one per user depending
on how many subscriptions the typical user has at your site.

Brad has already posted how you could request this change if you can't
do it yourself, and it may be a worthwhile option.