[Mailman-Users] I got a bug

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Feb 2 01:09:51 CET 2005

Mark Ballard wrote

>I am trying to set up and announce list and I am getting list long
>error message on the web interface. And I can figure it out. Hop
>someone can help. Sorry for the extremely long post.
>
>Bug in Mailman version 2.1.2
>
>We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>
>If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy
>of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
>happened. Thanks!
>
>  Traceback:
>

>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
>     main()
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py", line 163, in main
>     process_form(mlist, doc, cgidata)
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py", line 758, in
>process_form
>     preserve, forward, forwardaddr)
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 189, in
>HandleRequest
>     status = self.__handlesubscription(data, value, comment)
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 444, in
>__handlesubscription
>     self.ApprovedAddMember(userdesc)
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 902, in
>ApprovedAddMember
>     digest, text)
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Deliverer.py", line 69, in
>SendSubscribeAck
>     }, lang=pluser, mlist=self)
>   File "/usr/share/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 467, in maketext
>     raise IOError(errno.ENOENT, 'No template file found', templatefile)
>IOError: [Errno 2] No template file found: 'subscribeack.txt'

There is no subscribeack.txt template in any of the places that
Utils.maketext() looks for it.

Either someone tried to edit it and removed the base template from the
templates/<language>/ directory and didn't put the edited template in
the right place (the base template should not be removed or changed),
or there's a permissions problem, or your Mailman is not completely
installed.

See http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp