[Mailman-Users] change password reminder From: header?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Feb 2 00:54:01 CET 2005

Matt Ruzicka wrote:

>I'm sort of surprised to not see this come up more often at the first of
>the month so I' wondering if I'm searching for the wrong string in the
>archives and Google or if I'm doing something foolish.

It came up recently on either this list or Mailman-Developers but I
can't find it either.

>Same question as I found asked back in 2002.
>
>Is there a way that I can cause mailman to send the password reminders as
>the list owner instead of the site owner?
>
>I realize the answer given in this thread (to ignore them) would "work",
>but really I am more interested in getting these bounces, and more
>importantly the responses to the password reminders, to the list owner so
>they can address them.  I'm equally as disinclined to silently trash them
>as I am in taking the time to find the list they are from and forward them
>to the appropriate list owner.
>
>Am I just missing something?

Yes. The password reminder is one message to a user with passwords for
all the users subscriptions at the site.

If you want bounces to go to individual listowners, you'd have to send
one message per subscription instead of one message per user. I
suppose you could hack the code to do this if it was important enough
to you.