[Mailman-Users] Announce only list

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Feb 1 18:52:49 CET 2005

At 9:30 AM -0800 2005-02-01, Mark Ballard wrote:

>  I am completely new to mail man, and I need some help.

	If you have any questions regarding using Mailman, I suggest that
you first visit the "documentation" page at
<http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/docs.html> (also at
<http://www.list.org/docs.html>, although list.org is currently
down), and the Mailman FAQ Wizard at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py>.  You would also do well
to check the archives of the list at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/>, which are
searchable (instructions at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.018.htp>).

>  I am running OS X 10.3.6 server. I started up mailman and it seams to
>  work great.

	You should check out the Mailman FAQ Wizard entry 1.21 at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.021.htp>.

>  What I would like to do is set up and announce only list that only one
>  or two people can post to.

	In which case, you should see Mailman FAQ Wizard entry 3.11 at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp>.

>  Also, I would like to be able to edit the email messages it sends out.
>  Is that possible.

	Edit the e-mail messages?  In what way?

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755