[Mailman-Users] Released: Mailman 2.1.7b1

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Thu Dec 29 20:11:58 CET 2005

* Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de>:

> So I should go for python 2.4?

I installed python2.4, stopped the queuerunner and linked
/usr/bin/python2.4 <- /usr/bin/python and restarted the queuerunner.

The "problem" seems to remain. So, I had a closer look:

1) mutt displays the Subject: header OK.
2) Postfix still shows:

warning: header Subject: [webKess] webKess Stations- / Abteilungsregistrierung??Elisabeth_KH.1049

in it's log, as before - but that's normal. When I saved the mail and
opened in a hex editor, I found the two "?" to be

0A (LF) 09 (TAB)

Mark said:

"So Mailman has folded a long subject according to RFC 2822 section 2.2.3"

This section says:

"The general rule is that wherever this standard allows for folding white
space (not simply WSP characters), a CRLF may be inserted before any WSP."

But it's only a LF, not a CR LF -- and the space that used to be in the
Subject: has been transformed into a TAB character instead. So I'm not
sure if that's correct folding (even when if mutt displays it correctly!)

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (i.A. des IT-Zentrums)         Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Charite - Universitätsmedizin Berlin            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155