[Mailman-Users] Released: Mailman 2.1.7b1

John W. Baxter jwblist at loricamail.com
Sun Dec 25 19:22:27 CET 2005

On 12/24/05 8:23 AM, "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
>
>> As you can see, =
>>
>> Subject: webKess Stations- / Abteilungsregistrierung Elisabeth_KH.1049
>> was transformed into
>> Subject: [webKess] webKess Stations- /
>> Abteilungsregistrierung??Elisabeth_KH.1049
>>
>> (?? denotes a non-8-bit character). I wonder why a mere "space" sign
>> needs to be transformed...
>>

> and
>

>>> ?? denotes 2 non-printable characters. I'd need to check which ones
>>> EXACTLY.
>>
>> Found out: It's a CR LF.
>
> So Mailman has folded a long subject according to RFC 2822 section
> 2.2.3, and it is not being properly unfolded by Postfix for logging.
>
> Or is there some other problem that I'm not seeing?

It doesn't look folded correctly in Ralf's message as received here.  I
don't see whitespace after the CR LF.  Thus the second part isn't a proper
continuation of the header.

This lack of white space could, of course, be an artifact of the tortured
path the header has traveled to reach my screen.

  --John