[Mailman-Users] receiving list mail from account towhich mailcannot be delivered

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Dec 22 22:33:18 CET 2005

Gary R. Webster wrote:

>Anywho, your comments on my #3 question, below, gets me to thinking.
>I could have the 'config_list -i path/to/file/above' just run whenever, like from cron, no ?
>Even better, if there were some kind of 'trigger' to hook when a new list
>is created from the web...

You could make a shell script or other process that would run via cron
as often as you think is necessary.

it could do something like

#!bin/sh
bin/list_lists --bare > path/to/lists.curr
diff path/to/lists.prev path/to/lists.curr | grep '^>' |\
   awk '{print $2}' > path/to/lists.new
cp path/to/lists.curr path/to/lists.prev
for list in `cat path/to/lists.new`
do bin/config_list -i path/to/file/above $list
done