[Mailman-Users] problems with mailman and dyndns host

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Dec 22 20:36:52 CET 2005

fvgi242ss wrote:

>Several recipients get messages like this:

There are a couple of issues here, only one of which may be a Mailman
issue.

Go to <http://mail.wlanhacking.de/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/wlanhacking>
and look at the host_name attribute near the bottom of the General
Options page. If this is gissmoh.kicks-ass.net, replace it with
mail.wlanhacking.de. This may also indicate that DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST is
not properly set in Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py. If host_name is already
mail.wlanhacking.de, then it is an outgoing MTA that is changing it.

The other issue is the representation of From: as

>From: wlanhacking-bounces at gissmoh.kicks-ass.net
>[mailto:wlanhacking-bounces at gissmoh.kicks-ass.net] On Behalf Of
>wlanhacking at gissmoh.kicks-ass.net

This is due to the recipient's MUA using envelope sender instead of the
actual From: header.

See FAQ 2.3