[Mailman-Users] Large mailing lists

Ross Vandegrift ross at lug.udel.edu
Thu Dec 22 04:46:16 CET 2005

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 05:40:31PM -0500, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> The server has four lists of about 200,000 recipients each.  They are
> announce-only subscription lists that receive an occasional post.
> Despite being low traffic, we have some consistency issues.

Another question.  Most of the time VirginRunner is at max CPU,
sending address removal notifications.  I have already set the lists
to zero bounce notifications.  Is there a separate config item for
"you have been removed" messages?

One propety of these lists is that there is a high incidence of bad
addresses - the developer of the web front end refuses to do any kind
of validation before they are added to the mailman backend.

So most of the removals are destined for non-existent addresses and
should not be notified.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu