[Mailman-Users] help: web interface broken "Mailman Administrative Database Error"

Kevin Callahan mailman at callahanpro.com
Wed Dec 21 21:52:10 CET 2005

Hello All,

This is my first post and I'm new to the list; apologies if this has
been addressed already, though I didn't find any references in the
archives or via google.

Here's the issue. I'm administrating 9 domains on a Verio VPS. Each
domain has its own install of Mailman and have been running
flawlessly for months. Last night, the physical server was taken down
for a memory upgrade; today 6 of the 9 domains no longer list email
lists at http://domain.tld/mailman/ or http://domain.tld/mailman/admin/

The lists still seem to be working, and the bin/check_db and bin/
check_perms both run fine. All other functionalities seem to be
intact; I can add and remove members, list the lists, etc all on the
command line, though the web interface is just broken in that it
states "There currently are no publicly-advertised Mailman  mailing
lists on domain.tld". I've checked the config.pck files and
advertising is set to 1.

I'm at a loss of where to look next; any suggestions are *very*
appreciated.

Thanks!

Kevin Callahan