[Mailman-Users] confusing permission errors, help please

Hugh Esco he at reclaimedcomputers.ca
Wed Dec 21 02:37:50 CET 2005

It didn't matter.  I backed it out.

I then replicated my apache.conf vhost definition as gibberish.validdomain.org, where the vhost file for validdomain includes the first working mailman installation.

This time, I got a working listinfo page reporting no lists for gibberish.validdomain.org.  This is so even though I had not and still have not built and configured an instance of mailman as suggested by the apache config file.

This suggests to me some relationship between my control of a second level domain, in the case of the working examples, and my efforts to configure for a third level name in the example which is giving me fits.

-- Hugh

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:48:33 -0800
Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Hugh Esco wrote:
> >
> >As an experiment, I'll try the advise for suEXEC.  If it doesn't get me anywhere, I'll back it out.
>
> It doesn't matter whether Apache was compiled with it. If you do NOT
> have an SuexecUserGroup directive in your virtual host or globally in
> your Apache configuration, then this is not the issue in your case.
>
> --
> Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,

RCK Computer Services
http://reclaimedcomputers.ca/