[Mailman-Users] Error when accessing Mailman CGI web interface

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 18:03:00 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 16:42 +0000, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> Thanks for your help. This is what I get from the two commands above:
>
> $ ls -l /home/mailman/domains/chuckie.co.uk/scripts/driver
> -rw-r--r--  1 mailman mailman 9736 Dec 20 14:20
> /home/mailman/domains/chuckie.co.uk/scripts/driver
>
> $ /usr/sbin/getenforce
> Disabled

Then I don't think I can help :-( Your original post said the you built
mailman with uid=gid=mailman and the wrapper seems to be executing
correctly based on a subsequent post. All looks good from here. Here is
the sequence that should be happening, see if you can find any reason
why its not:

apache invokes the cgi wrapper as the user 'apache', the cgi wrapper
verifies it was called by apache, then the wrapper does a setgid to
mailman and invokes the driver script, the driver script should be group
mailman, so it should have no problems reading the driver script, but
that is what is failing, go figure, seems like it should work.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>