[Mailman-Users] Problems with archiving

Josh Greenberg josh at pha.jhu.edu
Tue Dec 20 17:19:41 CET 2005

I have just recently installed mailman and I am trying to get the
archiving feature to work. I have gone into the archiving settings on
two different test lists that I set up and told them both to do
archiving. I set one to public and one to private, just to see how each
one reacted. So far, not one message that I've sent to the list has been
archived.

I followed the setup instructions for getting the archiving to work but
I think I must have missed something. I also found something in the FAQ
that I added to the httpd.conf file but it still doesn't work.

At first I think it was a permissions problem but I think I fixed that.
Originally, the public directory was owned by root:other and the private
was owned by nobody:nobody (the user/group that runs apache). I left the
private alone and chown'd the public dir to mailman:mailman. In the
httpd.conf file, I have the following lines:

ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/"
Alias /pipermail/ "/path/to/mailman/archives/public/"
<Directory "/path/to/mailman/archives/public/">
        AddDefaultCharset Off
        Options FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

Does this seem correct? Am I missing something? Thanks.

Josh