[Mailman-Users] Pending requests not seen

Terry Grey t.grey at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Dec 19 00:43:13 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 15:20 -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Terry Grey wrote:
> >
> >We have recently upgraded to ver 2.1.6 and are currently experiencing a
> >problem with pending moderator requests. The emails are sent to the list
> >admins correctly but when accessing the admindb web page there is the
> >message "Click on the message number to view the individual message, or
> >you can view all messages from yyy at auckland.ac.nz". There are no
> >messages listed and clicking on the link takes you to the "no more
> >pending requests" page.
> >
> >The held messages are still in the mailman/data directory.
>
> Have you run bin/check_perms on the upgraded installation?

Yes I have run bin/check_perms and fixed a few inconsequential
permission problems.

We managed to fix the problem this morning by recompiling Mailman with
the correct directory. What we did for the upgrade was to copy existing
Mailman directories from the old machine to the same location on the new
machine. I then built Mailman in a directory
called /usr/local/mailman2.1.6 and copied the binaries over to
the /usr/local/mailman directory. What I did not realise is that the
directory is hard coded into the cgi-bin scripts.

Thank you for your suggestion though.

Terence

--
Terence Grey,  IT Systems & Services,  University of Auckland, New Zealand.