[Mailman-Users] How to silently, automatically reject ALL"implicit destination" messages?

Alex Schuilenburg alexs at ecoscentric.com
Tue Dec 13 12:44:28 CET 2005

Mark Sapiro wrote:
[...]
>>Are there any hidden config settings that will allow me to do this in
>>2.1.5 or has anyone made such mods and is willing to share the patch
>>with me?
>

> If you want to unconditionally do what the subject of this message
> says, I think the patch is pretty simple, but I haven't tested it at
> all so beware.
[...]

Thanks. It works a real treat.

After feedback from the other list managers at our site, I have in fact
modified it further to send a reject message rather than blindly
dropping it (my preference). If anyone else is interested I did this by
replacing your

  raise Errors.DiscardMessage

with

  raise Errors.RejectMessage(_('''Your message was automatically
rejected. Blind carbon copies or other implicit destinations are not
allowed. Try reposting your message by explicitly including the list
address in the To: or Cc: fields.'''))

Hopefully sometime I will get the time to clean this up to actually make
this an option, rather than modify the normal behaviour. i.e. The
options for "require_explicit_destination" become
     No | Hold for Approval | Reject | Discard

Does anyone else think this a useful change?

-- Alex