[Mailman-Users] Permissions problem accessing commands via php

Dave B dave at dpss.bz
Fri Dec 9 19:46:00 CET 2005

I am trying to create some php forms that use the shell_exec function
to run some of the Mailman command line commands. i.e. I have a script
that lets an admin user enter an email address and then uses the
find_member script to return all lists that email address is in. To do
this I had to set the permissions on the config.pck files to 664 (I am
the only one with shell access to the server).

This works fine except that for some reason the permissions will
sometimes revert back to 660 and then the script won't work. Only one
config.pck file has to have 660 permissions for the script not to work.
When I change that particular file back to 664 - the script works
again. ANy ideas on what would cause the permissions to change back to
660?

I would also like to be able to add members or remove members etc using
this method but I get permissions errors even if I change the
permissions to 666 on all the files in particular list directory. Any
ideas on what I would need to do to be able to do this?

Thanks for any help on this one.

Dave Bevis