[Mailman-Users] Pipermail archives to https

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Dec 7 05:18:24 CET 2005

Don McGregor wrote:

>1. I want the existing archives (eg links to attachments in the
>existing pipermail
>archives) to point to https rather than http. If I just do a sed
>script on archives/public/listname/*.txt to replace occurances
>of http://mySiteName with https://mySiteName will that cause the
>changes to ripple through to the  html?

No. Changing the *.txt files won't have any side effects on any other
files, but see below.

>2. Is there anything else to be alert for? I've changed the Defaults.py
>entries to
>
>Defaults.py:DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'
>Defaults.py:PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'https://%(hostname)s/pipermail/%
>(listname)s'
>
>so will new entries have the https from the start?

Now that you've changed the url patterns, You're almost there assuming
you have a archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox file for each
list (You do unless you changed ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX to -1 or 0). Run

bin/arch --wipe listname

to rebuild the archives for each list. This will rerun the scrubber and
recreate links to attachments using the new patterns. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.003.htp>
for some caveats if you've ever edited the listname.mbox files.