[Mailman-Users] Does mailman send one message at a time, or all at once?

Daevid Vincent daevid at daevid.com
Sat Dec 3 03:06:21 CET 2005

I'm considering getting this MailHop Outbound service, however one of the
restrictions they have is in this FAQ:

http://www.dyndns.com/services/mailhop/faq.html#q114
Q: What is the maximum number of recipients in a message sent via MailHop
Outbound?
A: You may specify at most 100 recipients per message. If you need to send a
message to more than 100 recipients, you will need to split it into blocks
of 100 or less. This restriction is necessary to deter spammers.

I run a 'mailman v2.1.5' list for club events happening around town. I have
around 150 people on the list. Will this work? Does mailman send out one
message at a time, or will I be limited to this restriction above?

Daevid.

P.S. if anyone can suggest a way to get out of RBL hell, I am all ears. I
run Gentoo and Exim 4.54 on my home cable modem. I'm getting increasingly
frustrated with this RBL shit. Many ISPs (AOL, earthlink, etc.) are blocking
mail from my domain simply because I happen to be on a Comcast (Seattle, WA)
dynamic IP.

"You had me at EHLO" --E.Webb (10.04.05)