[Mailman-Users] List create CGI

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Dec 2 19:14:03 CET 2005

Young, Darren wrote:

>Looking to farm out our Mailman list management (add & remove) to our
>helpdesk. Anyone seen/have a CGI based Mailman list creation/removal
>tool?

If I understand you correctly, they already are there.

<http://www.example.com/mailman/create> (linked from the
<http://www.example.com/mailman/admin> overview page) and
<http://www.example.com/mailman/rmlist>.

create requires either the site password or a special list creator
password set with bin/mmsitepass.

rmlist requires "OWNERS_CAN_DELETE_THEIR_OWN_LISTS = Yes" in mm_cfg.py
which will then place a list deletion link on the list's various admin
pages. If you don't want owners to be able to do it, you could hack
the Mailman/Cgi/rmlist.py script to require a password instead or in
addition, or just create your own CGI based on that script.