[Mailman-Users] remove_members --fromall -f

Xiaoyan Ma xma at uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 1 19:08:54 CET 2005

We need to clean up list subscripbers each semester when students graduate. I am having trouble
with

remove_members -h shows that:
  --file=file
     -f file
         Remove member addresses found in the given file.  If file is
         `-', read stdin.

     --all
     -a
         Remove all members of the mailing list.
         (mutually exclusive with --fromall)

     --fromall
         Removes the given addresses from all the lists on this system
         regardless of virtual domains if you have any.  This option cannot be
         used -a/--all.  Also, you should not specify a listname when using
         this option.

But I am having trouble with

../bin/remove_members --fromall -f /tmp/class04

I found a patch by Marc Merlin back in 2001 which adds a special list name: _alllists_

I was wondering:

1. With Mailman 2.1.5, can I run remove_members --fromall with -f (file containing subscriber
email addresses)? --  I know we can get around using shell script to feed one address at a time.

2. Are patches normally included  into the newer version of Mailman?

Thanks.
Xiaoyan