[Mailman-Users] max_num_recipients variable question

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Wed Aug 31 18:41:51 CEST 2005

On 8/31/05 7:46 AM, "lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il" <lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il>
wrote:

> Does "max_num_recipients = 10" in the default configuration of the list, means
> that when I'm posting to the list I can additionaly write only 9 e-mails along
> with the list address and no more? If I'm writing more than 10 e-mail
> addresses along with the list address it goes to list admin approval?
> Is it for "To" "Cc" and "Bcc" alltogether?

Generally, mailman won't learn of Bcc recipients (except itself).  [Some
mailers may still include the full Bcc header on Bcc copies of the message,
as the RFCs still allow, but Mailman quite possibly doesn't bother looking,
since that is rare.]

But yes, 10 recipients known to Mailman is the limit as set up by the
default value.  Personally, I prefer a setting of 1 (I hate broadcasting
addresses into a mailing list).

  --John