[Mailman-Users] "Server not connected" in smtp-failure log

Mike Hanby flakrat at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 18:53:27 CEST 2005

Bah, ok, I'm still having trouble with this.  Some of the people on the list
get the emails from the list, but a bunch of others get this error in
smtp-failure like

delivery to joe at domain.com failed with code -1: Server not connected
delivery to jim at example.com failed with code -1: Server not connected
delivery to dave at stuff.com failed with code -1: Server not connected
delivery to amy at somesite.net failed with code -1: Server not connected
and so on

I've tried that setting SMTPHOST '127.0.0.1' and SMTPHOST '10.0.0.1' and
also it's MX ip address, and all result in the following error:

Low level smtp error: Server not connected, msgid:
<20050829150816.EA2F933942 at mail.mydomain.com>

Commenting out SMTPHOST gets rid of the above "Low level smtp" error, but
the "Server not connected" errors continue.

My MTA is PostFix