[Mailman-Users] I'm getting a 95% mass bounce action

David Spake dspake at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 30 03:39:52 CEST 2005

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> David Spake wrote:
>
  > The copy of the original message is attached to or included in the
> "triggering bounce notice". Somewhere between the first material you
> quote and the copy of the original message, there should be the reply
> from your outgoing MTA or the recipient's MTA indicating why the post
> wasn't delivered. That's the information that will help diagnose the
> problem.

Mark,

I really do appreciate the help.

Here's what's so odd about the whole situation, and what really throws
me for a curve.  The message that shows at the bottom of the first
Bounce Notification has been sucessfully posted to the list.  It's
accepted by MailMan, with a timestamp of 10:55.  The very next message I
have from the list is the first Bounce Notification, timestamped at
10:57.  I have no other messages from the list between 10:55 and 10:57.
  Then at 10:57 PM, I get the first of 55 or so bounce notifications.

Looking back at the email message, I see the message "The triggering
bounce notice is attached below.".  For clarity I include the entire
message here between the xx's:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is a Mailman mailing list bounce action notice:

The triggering bounce notice is attached below.

Questions? Contact the Mailman site administrator at
mailman at heartlandhumanists.org.