[Mailman-Users] Mailman CGI Error in chroot

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Aug 29 19:46:57 CEST 2005

Fabian Werner wrote:

>Mail delivery and everything works fine, but when i want to use the web
>interface i get the following error:
>
>Mailman CGI error!!!
>The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error. This entry is being
>stored in your syslog:
>
>No such file or directory
>
>There is nothing reported in the syslog, but that may be a fault of my
>chroot...
>
>Anyway, Mailman has everything it needs to function in the chroot
>(/var/lib/mailman complete and /usr/lib/mailman complete). Those two
>mentioned paths contain a symlink called "wrapper".
>
>Question is: Where does mailman search for this wrapper? Why cant he
>find it on my system?

The reply from Sythos:

>use "mount bind" to include mailman dir into web chroot, is the easy way

may be the solution, but I just want to point out that the referenced
message comes from the wrapper so the file that isn't found is not the
wrapper, but rather the script the wrapper is trying to load which is
path_to/scripts/driver where the 'path_to' part was determined by
configure.