[Mailman-Users] I'm getting a 95% mass bounce action

David Spake dspake at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 29 03:10:56 CEST 2005

Hey all,

I've got a problem with Mailman, and I'm unsure as to how to correct it.
  My host provider runs MailMan 2.1.5.  I like it, but the problem I'm
having is that I keep getting periodic mass bouncings my list.  I get
like a 95% "bounce action notification" every three or four weeks.  I've
got the bounce processor turned off, and all the notifications come to
me, so the users are unaware (as far as I can tell).  What causes it, is
beyond my understanding.  I've looked at the posts that are just prior
to the mass bounce notificiations, and they don't look any different
than any other post.

What, if anything, can I do to try and track this down.  I don't mind
unbouncing everyone (it's only 60 users or so), but 5 times this month
has gotten old.

Granted I'm a user on a hosted system, but the admin's are really laid
back, and I've worked closely with them for almost 6 years now.  I'm
pretty sure they'd take any suggestions for actions very seriously.

Thanks for your ideas,

Dave