[Mailman-Users] Mailman Instrumentation and Harvesting

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Aug 24 05:06:01 CEST 2005

Chris Brigham wrote:

>I'm working on a project that will be attempting to instrument Mailman
>events and harvest message archives and list membership.  Is there a way
>to do any of this programmatically?  Will I have to manually scrape the
>administration pages and subscribe a bot to the list that I want to
>manage?  Do any external APIs exist?

The bin/list_members script is the preferred way to get the membership
of a list.

See some of the threads returned by
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amail.python.org+inurl%3Amailman-users+%22Jean-Philippe+GIOLA%22
for information about using Mailman's external archiver hook in
conjunction with the standard pipermail archive.

What other "events" do you want to instrument and in what way?
Mailman's logs may help.