[Mailman-Users] Messages are lost...I have followed FAQs 3.14

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Aug 23 18:25:44 CEST 2005

Chuck Vohs wrote:

>Wow, that is good news, they are piling up in qfiles/shunt. So that
>means 1) the messages are getting to the server 2) mailman is trying to
>process them (it has given them really strange file names), so something
>is working, just not 100% yet.

The "really strange file names" are normal.

Somewhere in processing the message, Mailman is encountering an error
which causes the message to be shunted. There should be messages in
Mailman's error log giving more detail.

After the underlying problem is found and resolved, the shunted
messages can be reprocessed with bin/unshunt if desired.