[Mailman-Users] Unable to confirm subscription with outlook

Darko Longin darko.longin at pa.press.net
Tue Aug 23 15:50:02 CEST 2005

All,

Any help greatly appreciated, apologies if it was already covered.

mailman - 2.1.6
exim - 4.52-3
sparc solaris 8
outlook 2000 (or any other version)

We've come across a problem where exchange users who wish to confirm their
subscription via email get the following error:

>snip
>
> The results of your email command are provided below. Attached is your

...this ONLY happens when they hit "Reply" as opposed to creating a new mail
and putting "confirm 98278438uidssfid" in the Subject field.

However, this ONLY happens to users who have their mailboxes sitting on the
exchange server. All users who have Personal Folders set (i.e pulling emails
to local pst file) do NOT experience these problems.

I've compared the headers and can not see any noticeable difference?! I just
can not understand why (if?) it matters where the mailbox sits? Is exchange
doing something weird here?

Thank you