[Mailman-Users] invalid key load error

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Aug 23 02:10:58 CEST 2005

iain wrote:

>I read thru previous posts and found mention of a similiar error which
>said to run the check_db --all command.
>
>I did this and got the following:
>
>max# /usr/local/mailman/bin/check_db --all
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/check_db", line 153, in ?
>    main()
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/check_db", line 121, in main
>    mlist = MailList(listname, lock=0)
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 128, in __init__
>    self.Load()
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 587, in Load
>    dict, e = self.__load(file)
>  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 560, in __load
>    dict = loadfunc(fp)
>cPickle.UnpicklingError: invalid load key, '@'.
>

>Can anyone help figure out what the problem is here and how to fix it.

One of your lists has a bad lists/<listname>/config.pck file. If you
don't know which is the problem list,

/usr/local/mailman/bin/check_db --all --verbose

may help you identify it. Possibly moving the config.pck aside and
replacing it with the config.pck.last file may solve the problem. If
not, perhaps you have a good file somewhere on a system backup. If
not, other tools such as bin/config_list and bin/dumpdb will probably
fail too so *nix 'strings' may be the only way to retrieve useful
information from the file that would help in recreating the list.