[Mailman-Users] Broken link from mailman processing

Darren G Pifer dpifer at odu.edu
Mon Aug 22 17:37:42 CEST 2005

Hello,

       Today, one of our security administrators tried to send a
message to one of his lists and it got held. The message the user got
was:

sans_gcia-bounces at list.odu.edu wrote on 08/22/2005 09:55:46 AM:

> Your mail to 'SANS_GCIA' with the subject
>
>     Unix Security Course

> The reason it is being held:
>
>     Message has implicit destination
>
> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
> this posting, please visit the following URL:

http://list.odu.edu/confirm/sans_gcia/0fabbd87d74f641d0a035f000d7075a1ef2233

According to the docs, the message was held because the user Bcc:ed the
sans_gcia address but am waiting to confirmation on the user if he did
this.

The thing that bothers me most is: when the user clicked on the
http://list.odu.edu/... link, the page was "not found". What can I look
for in the logs or elsewhere to see why the page could not be found?

If it helps, we are running MM 2.1.6b4 on Linux RHEL 3.0.

Darren
Old Dominion University