[Mailman-Users] how to avoid mailmanSite list creation

lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il lkolchin at univ.haifa.ac.il
Fri Aug 19 10:46:56 CEST 2005

Hello All,

1) I'm implementing web-cyradm installation together with mailman-2.1.4-83.13 on SLES 9.
As I understood from the documentation, there must be "mailman" list for mailman to work properly.

Web-cyradm implementing virtual domains with the use of MySQL tables, so my "mailman" list will look something like  "haifa.ac.il-mailman" where haifa.ac.il is one of the domains I have.

After creating this list, I restart mailman and get "Starting mailmanSite list is missing: mailman" error.

Is there any way to avoid this limitation?

I got this message:

"Bug in Mailman version 2.1.4
We're sorry, we hit a bug!
If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what happened. Thanks!
Traceback:
We're sorry, we hit a bug!
Mailman experienced a very low level failure and could not even generate a
useful traceback for you.  Please report this to the Mailman administrator at
this site."

In my /etc/apache2/default-server.conf I configured it like this:
##################
##
## mailman
##
ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "/usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/">
        AllowOverride None
        Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>
##
## end mailman
##

Are these config lines sufficient or my bug is from 1) question?

Best Regards,
Leon Kolchinsky