[Mailman-Users] Welcome Email

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Thu Aug 18 06:06:12 CEST 2005

On Aug 18, 2005, at 11:15, Bob Morgan wrote:

> I've accomplished all of this (with some help from you folks);
> however, the
> final piece in the puzzle that has me stumped is the "welcome
> letter" that
> new subscribers get: it has the "welcome" message that I configured
> on the
> mailing list administration page; however, it also has (a) how to
> post, (b)
> general information (which now is limited to name/Email address for
> new
> subscribers), (c) the subscription page (d) the mailing list request
> address (which I don't want members to use), and (e) the password
> (which
> members don't need).

<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp>

The key point is to make a custom template for the welcome text in
the languages you are interested in.  There are several articles in
the FAQ that discuss templates and their search order (so they can
apply to just certain lists, domains, or site-wide).

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/