[Mailman-Users] Messages not going through

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Aug 17 17:23:40 CEST 2005

Zach Honig wrote:

>I'm using mailman 2.1.5pl on my hasweb hosted server. One list has only a
>dozen or so members. On that list messages go through all the time. The
>other list has over 500 and no messages seem to be going through. They make
>it to the archive.

There is likely some issue with the outgoing MTA not accepting MAIL
transactions with 'too many' recipients.

Normally, you would look in Mailman's 'smtp' and 'smtp-failure' logs
for relevant messages and you would adjust the MTA or set
SMTP_MAX_RCPTS to a smaller value than the default 500 in mm_cfg.py,
but since this is a hosted server, you probably have to deal with the
hosting provider.